Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Time for Another Open House

Our next open house is this Friday, February 7 at 10AM.   Let's hope for great weather and certainly warmer than what we're seeing this week. You will hear from current students and faculty about the application and transition process to UVA. See the schedule below.  The day will begin in the Newcomb Hall Ballroom and progress from there.  Please register for the event here. Read the entire page and then click on "Register" on the bottom left.   This registration process will instruct you to open a myUVA account if you don't already have one.

Open House Schedule of Events:


10:00am - 10:45am: Transfer Information Session
11:00am - 11:45am: Presentations Given by Individual Schools
12:00pm: Walking Tour of Grounds
The day should end between 1:30-2PM. 
We hope you can join us!

4 comments:

Delanakus said...

Good afternoon, Transfermer.

I have a question regarding transcripts. I currently attend Northern Virginia Community College but I did attend another (4-year) college for one semester prior to transferring into NVCC. I applied to UVa for Spring 2014 admission as a transfer and was not accepted, however I have requested for my application to be rolled over for Fall 2014 admission review, now under the Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (if this changes anything regarding transcripts).

I have been told by someone else at the UVa Office of Admissions that I am not required to re-submit a transcript from my old college, only an updated transcript from my current college (because "the office already has that old college transcript on file"). Can you verify that this is true about the "old college" transcripts? Because up until now I was under the impression that I have to send a transcript from every school, every time I apply.

Anonymous said...

Should we arrange a meeting with an advisor before the open house or will there be an option to speak with a transfer advisor right after the tour?

I have a few questions regarding the common application, SAT scores, filing as an independent, and application fee waivers.

UVA LEE said...

I have a question in regards to the "Transfer Mid-Term Report". I am currently underway trying to transfer for the 2014 Fall semester.

How does the procedure with the mid term report go? How do we go about sending the mid term report. Do we send it ourselves or do we ask the school to send it.

And if i am correct, UVA only sees the 1st semester grade and it is our job to send in our 2nd semester grades through the "Transfer mid-term report"??
If you could answer, that would be much appreciated.

Transfermer said...

Delanakus,

This should be the case, but you should write or call us to verify this specifically for you.

Anon,
We'll take walk-in visitors after the tour.

UVA LEE,
You can print the form, take it around to your professors and email it or mail it yourself. That's right. We will most likely base our decision on your first semester's grades because they are final.