Friday, February 13, 2009

Transfer Online Chat!

Do you have more questions about the transfer process? Want those questions answered in real-time? Wonder what it's like once you transfer? Well, you're in luck.
The Admissions office will host an online chat next Tuesday afternoon.
From 3:30 -5:30, deans and counselors in the Office of Admission will be available to take your questions. We'll also have a couple of students who transferred to UVA in the room to help us out. We hope you can stop in, even for a minute or two.

Stayed tuned for details on logging in...

4 comments:

Sud said...

I just had a quick question regarding the status of my application. I submitted both the Commonapp and the Supplement, and after submitting I received verification of sending both. However, when I login to Commonapp, it shows a yellow square next to the supplement, even though I've already submitted it. Is there a reason why it does this?

Anonymous said...

In regards to the previous individuals question “Sub”. I too have submitted both my common application and supplement. In addition I have noticed that the supplement part of the application also has a yellow square, indicating a section has not been completed. However, while I was reading through the common application help menu I found a section that illustrates, after submitting your supplement if you reenter the site the completed green square will change to yellow. Fortunately, if there is a status reading “downloaded” the school has already downloaded your documents. Hope this was helpful.

Transfermer said...

The Common App FAQs address this. The icons update once a day. Please check back Sud.

Sud said...

Thanks Anon and Transfermer, I went back to the Common App and there is now a green triangle for both the supplement and the application.