For undergraduate students interested in transferring to the University of Virginia
Transfermer, I am in a rather difficult situation due to timing of UVA's decisions and would greatly appreciate any insight/suggestions you could share. I am currently a freshman applying to tranfer and pending admittance to the CAS I would need to take a few courses over the summer in order to be eligible to enter McIntire the following year. The problem is, the summer courses are fairly popular (ECON 201, 202, and BUS 180), and my admissions decision comes out days after registration, thus beginning to complicate things. Whats more is I am on a heavy financial aid package at my current university and would only be able to afford to go to summer school by taking out a loan. The caveat here is that no private lenders will certify a loan for me without my having a status as a "degree seeking student" at the University which I am going to attend. Seeing as I am not currently enrolled at UVA, I cannot attain that status and therefore can't receive a loan. You may be able to see where I'm going with this. Since Summer School registration requires money up front and my family doesn't have that kind of money, I would need a loan (which I can't get without an admitted-intend to enroll status,) and therefore won't be able to promptly register without receiving an early admissions decision, and most likely would be unable to make it into the classes I would need to take. Even worse for me is that I'm one of the few paper applicants, so I certainly wouldn't receive notification until far too late. That being said, essentially I would need an early decision in order to go to obtain the money to make summer school possible. In light of my circumstances, how would you recommend I go about trying to obtain such a decision? It is all but essential at this point. Thanks for your time and concern.
Heartisbeating, I can't answer this here. Please email email@example.com with inquiries such as these.
I guess I'm one of those stragglers that won't see an online decision until May. This really is torture that borders on frustration.
I applied online and I still cannot see my decision. I logged in to my account and clicked on Status. Is there anyplace else I can see my decision on?
yo! can any one give us 'stragglers' an explanation for our situation. this is more agonizing than being rejected. when i am rejected, at least i know that i will be going to another state school. but THIS!!! we, the 'stragglers' DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!
Post a Comment